Monday, April 10, 2017

Portfolio Guide

Each story in this portfolio is a reversal of a well-known myth or legend. Instead of being retold, these stories end differently. Enjoy!

Persephone Captures Hades
Instead of Hades' heart, Eros pierces Persephone's heart with his love arrow. What follows is Persephone's desire to capture Hades and hold him captive on earth.

Kushinada Tames the Serpent
Instead of letting Susanoo kill the serpent who ate her seven sisters, Kushinada decides to do it herself.

Uko and the Sun
Instead of being won in a marriage competition, Uko befriends a young boy who turns out to be the sun incarnate.

Nimue Seizes Excalibur
Instead of granting Arthur the legendary sword Excalibur, the Lady of the Lake demands Merlin as a sacrifice instead.

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job on this story! I loved how you weren’t afraid to go for the role reversal and I think it really paid off. Your imagery and description of the scenes and characters was great and made me feel as though I could actually see this story playing out in my head. I also liked how you shaped Persephone’s character from starting out kind of shy to showing how strong and clever she actually was. It was comical to think that she could stop the Lord of the Underworld with just her little maze of plants. I also thought it was interesting how you worked out how many months Hades and Persephone had together based on the number of her spices he had tasted, she didn’t quite get him all the 12 months but she compromised for half of year which I thought was pretty reasonable. Overall, I really enjoyed reading this!

    ReplyDelete